How did six U.S. Universities come to be on one campus? That's the story of Education City, the brainchild of Sheikha Mozza and Qatar Foundation who brought together schools in various disciplines onto one campus.
Students from all over the world can study at one of these universities and receive an identical diploma to the one issued from the home campus in the U.S. In addition, students can apply once and study everywhere.
These are the U.S. Universities in Education City and their specializations:
- Cornell University - Weill School of Medicine
- Georgetown University - International Affairs
- Northwestern University - Journalism / Media
- Virginia Commonwealth - School of Arts
- Texas A&M University - Engineering
- Carnegie Mellon - Business / Computer Science
In "America's Higher Education Goes Global" Dr. Christine Schiwietz highlights the story of how Education City came to be and the myriad of benefits to students who decide to study there.
According to one former diplomat, this is "The best thing American higher education has done in my lifetime."
Image courtesy of American Caldwell, to license this image contact email@example.com