Here's a list of amazing resources that are available for entrepreneurs in Qatar.
Did you know that Qatar was just listed among the 10 Best Countries for Entrepreneurs by the World Economic Forum. Neither did we!
So, we decided to take a look at what resources are available to entrepreneurs throughout the country.
Many people already know the outstanding benefits of being in Qatar:
- Excellent Internet Speeds (one of the world's fastest)
- Extremely Safe (among the safest in the world)
- Fantastic Infrastructure (host of mega events and the World Cup)
- World Class Airlines (Rated #1)
- Top-Notch Universities (Cornell, Georgetown, Texas A&M, HBKU, Northwestern, HEC Paris, VCU, Carnegie Mellon, and Qatar University)
- 10% Corporate Tax Rate
- 0% Personal Income Tax Rate (that's not a typo)
And believe it or not, Qatar is among the 10 Most Open Countries in the World according to the United Nations. The country offers visa-free arrivals to people from 95 countries! By comparison, Dubai offers visa-free arrivals to 70 countries while the U.S.A. is just 40.
Four Amazing Programs for Entrepreneurs
1. The Digital Incubation Center (DIC) offers startups free office space, tech support, training and guidance, mentorship, networking opportunities and public relations support. Learn more about the DIC and check out the startup track program.
2. The Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP) offers entrepreneurs a host of benefits including: one year of free co-working space, subsidized support services, training, workshops and networking events, access to funding programs, prototyping and mentors. To learn more visit the QSTP incubation center.
3. The Qatar Business Incubation Center (QBIC) is another stand-out program for entrepreneurs. It consists of an 11-week program that covers the nuts and bolts of entrepreneurship including:
- How to identify customer segments
- Developing and validating your business idea
- Building an MVP (minimum viable product)
- Deploying marketing campaigns and validating customer needs
- Developing your business model
- Pitching your startup to secure investment
4. The TASMU Accelerator is all about giving visionaries the "tools and resources needed to put ideas into action." The program provides 200,000 QAR in funding to startups and 350,000 QAR in-kind services! Learn more about this comprehensive six-month program and how to apply. The last cohort received over 540 applications from 78 countries. 25 are selected to participate in the TASMU Accelerator and are mentored by industry experts from leading global brands.
All of these programs are available to people around the world regardless of background or nationality.
Doha is full of great cafes and co-working spaces to work on your entrepreneurial ambitions. Check out the Doha Entrepreneurs Meetup group which consists of 3750+members and has events throughout Qatar that you can attend for free.
A favorite spot is the Innovation Cafe on the Pearl, a place where you can work, have great coffee, get advice and bounce around ideas with other people just like you. Qatar also has lots of picturesque cafes like the Ink Cafe shown above where you can work on your startup. You can take your pic of places to go (pun intended).
Let us know what you think in the comments below.