[This event had ended]
In an effort to encourage people to participate in sports and promote a healthy lifestyle that improves fitness and overall well-being, Qatar Sports for All Federation announced the third edition of the Qatar East-to-West Ultra Run.
The longest ultra-running event in Qatar is taking place on December 6 and aims to raise awareness among all people and especially among youngsters. The participants will be challenged to cover a distance of 90km, starting at 4:00am at Sheraton Park and completing the run at Dukhan Beach at 8:30pm.
The race will be held over five phases, so that the runners will be able to get some rest. All participants will be provided with race kits , t-shirts, meal vouchers and more.
Qatar East-to-West Ultra Run can be better described as a challenge; participants can cover as much distance as possible - it’s the effort and the will that really count! It’s also important to highlight that all participants will be awarded a medal.
The first Qatar East-to-West Ultra Run took place on December 15, 2017, with 25 participants and was organized by Qatar Ultra Runners. In 2018, the number of participants increased to 100. This year, the event is expected to be taken to the next level with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Sports and Qatar Sports for All Federation.
How to register:
1. Download the QSFA app and follow the registration steps
2. Click on the booking icon
3. Select the Qatar East-to-West Ultra Run event
4. Book your ticket
• All runners get participation medals
• Race starts at 4:00am
• The starting line is at Sheraton Park
• The finish line is at Dukhan Beach
• Cutoff time is at 8:30pm
• Runners who cannot finish the distance before the cutoff time will be collected by race buses
• There will be 5 main aid stations that provide water, refreshments and snacks. 7 water stations that provide water only. Average distance between stations is 7.5 km.
• Runners are advised to bring their own hydration bags.
• Race is entirely on road.
• Police escorts, ambulances and volunteers will be supporting the runners throughout the whole day.
• Buses will be available at the finish line to drive runners back to the start line.