6 Fast Facts About MotoGP In Qatar
One of the most spectacular events of MotoGP is taking place on March 6, and that’s the 2020 Grand Prix of Qatar! The action will be on until March 8 at the Lusail International Circuit, located at the dazzling and evolving Lusail City of Qatar.
It’s worth highlighting that MotoGP is the most fascinating motorcycle racing event worldwide. It features the world’s top riders and presents the most advanced bikes.
- The first ever Grand Prix of Qatar was held in October 2004, won by Sete Gibernau
- Qatar is the season opener for MotoGP which features the pinnacle of motorcycle racing. The world's best and fastest riders compete on the most advanced racing bikes by manufacturers such as Ducati, KTM, Honda, Suzuki and more.
- Jorge Lorenzo is the most successful rider in Qatar with six wins
- The Lusail track was built in record time - less than a year
- The track’s layout and structure was approved by a MotoGP Safety Commission composed of Valentino Rossi, Sete Gibernau, Kenny Roberts Jr. and Nobuatsu Aoki
- Lusail hosted 24,866 spectators between the four days of the 2016 Grand Prix
In 2020, 16 countries are participating with their best racers.
Due to Qatar travel restrictions brought into force affecting passengers from Italy, the premier class will not race at Lusail. Moto2™ and Moto3™ classes will race in Qatar.
Predictions for 2020
Honda is expected to be strong as always with Marc Marquez, while Dovizioso makes a comeback.
Franky Morbidelli is also a rider to watch out for, along with Brad Binder.
Predictions show Quartararo, Marquez, Dovizioso, Vinales and Morbidelli in the top 5.
Date: March 6-8
Friday 6 March:
Event starts around 11:00 h
Public area opening hours: 10:00 – 22:00 Saturday 7 March:
Event starts around 10:30 h
Public area opening hours: 10:00 – 22:00 Sunday 8 March:
Public area opening hours: 10:00 – 22:00 Event starts around 11:30 h
For more information on schedule, click here: https://www.motogp.com/en/event/Qatar#schedule
Location: Lusail International Circuit